August 9, 2011

The Importance of Craft

I think it was in 2008 a friend said to me, "I've decided all my purchases are going to be from business's I want to see continue...."      


I will leave you with a quote also from artisan Dianne Muller, and you can see more artisans perspectives on this page, and hope to see you at The Berkshire Craft Show this weekend.




Dick and Diane Muller
By purchasing something from an artist/craftsperson, one allows that person to continue in their field. This means they are in the position to inspire others to take up the same craft or at least be exposed to craft, which may awaken their “inner artist”. I have always been struck by the Japanese identifying great artists as national treasures…it seems to me we should be doing that here as well.
 

No comments: