November 27, 2009

Washington, D.C., seeing some sites

Sometimes traveling to shows we take a day to take in some sites. This trip I went to a booksigning by Madeline Albright. Below she is asking me about my nationality and name which she pronounced perfectly, saying I know, as I am Czech!


Our hotel was just a few blocks from the Capital, so I ran down the night the House was voting on health care to take a few pix and send some good vibes

Monday after the show was unseasonable warm and beautiful so we took a walk down to The Mall and discovered a Roxy Paine "Dendroid" sculpture by the ice skating rink in the National Gallery sculpture park. I think we caught it in it's first week there! You may have seen my earlier post on the roof of the Met in New York with his work.


No comments: