January 9, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well we pretty much have been holed up in the studio since our last show in December, but I am finally emerging to wish every one a Happy New Year! For all of you still waiting for your coats, just want to let you know we are healthy and working hard, and not lying around on some beach somewhere!
One of my new years resolutions is to post more often the this blog. I got an iphone for Christmas, so when I am on the road I can post from shows to give you a glimpse and review of what is going on when I am on the road.

But for now, I am going to begin by taking you thru a documentation of what goes into making a coat.
After a custom pattern is made and cut out, the skins are selected. As they are a natural product, there are slight variations in thickness and wool, and there is a "nap" so they all need to be directionalized. 
Joclyn, (who has been a customer for a long time!) here is your coat pattern on the table. The trim tapes for this one
are already made, but I will be posting all of these processes in the next couple of weeks.



No comments: