July 10, 2008

Brooklyn, again

I wanted to see, ©Murakami, which was about to end, so off I went to Brooklyn, again. I saw those "waterfalls", two of them anyway, from the D train on the way over...........wasn't too impressed, seeing them from that distance, in the day. I think you need to be close to them to get the impact, and I think nite would be more interesting, so unfortunately you may have to go on the circle line to get up close.........
anyway, when I was changing trains at Atlantic Ave and Pacific St., (only the New York ego could eliminate the rest of the continent and have these two streets intersect), I saw this. Not sure if it was an installation or infrastructure,
but pretty nice looking.


at the Eastern Pkwy stop for the Brooklyn Museum the art starts before you leave the station, with these specimens of urban archaelogy surrounded by mosiac tiles




I never liked the new addition on the front of the museum from the outside

but I do like the front lawn

but once you are inside the lobby it is quite a nice space, and functional


there was a group of kids being inspired by the Murakami  piece in the lobby
and so was I. It was a good show, I like the integration of art/fashion idea, and the Louis Vuitton shop in the middle of the show.
hurry up, it ends this weekend.  


No comments: